Instrument rating (IR) is mandatory after successful completion of Commercial Pilot License (CPL) to fly in airlines as per PCAA (Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority) Rules.
Prerequisites are as follows:
- Age: Applicant shall not be less than18 years of age.
- Medical: Class- I Medical Certificate.
- CAA License Held: PPL/CPL.
- Pilot Integrated Course: The Instrument Rating Integrated Course shall be of additional 6 months duration and shall comprise of a minimum 40 hours in accordance with the prescribed syllabus.
- Pilot Modular Course: Instrument Rating Modular Course shall comprise of a minimum of 40 hours in accordance with the prescribed syllabus.
- IR Syllabus: Instrument Procedures, Radio Navigation and Instrumentation.
- Validity: 12 months subject to validity of Medical.